Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Words from a Tower...

I wrote the verses to this song in a Sniper tower in 2006. I was going through some very dark, hard times and I could not get the chorus out of my head. Its an old church chorus thats sung in repetition. I just figured it was perfect for my wanting to be like the person in the chorus, praying these words. The verses are just my own elaboration on the already famous chorus. I hope you enjoy the video.
This is me and a few friends singing for an assembly at college. I miss those guys

Sanctuary:Rewritten


Here are the Lyrics.... As requested.

Chorus:
Lord Prepare me to be a sanctuary-
Pure and Holy, Tried and True-
With Thanksgiving, I'll be a Living-
Sanctuary for You-

V-1
Lord, You know my life's been hard-
And at times it feels like I'm alone-
Father I long to be with you-
When will you call me home?
I've seen loved ones and friends go before me
And Im wondering "When is my turn?"
Father, you must have a purpose for me-
So on my lips, let this prayer burn.

(chorus)
V-2
Lord Temptation is all around me-
And at times it feels like I can't win.
I love you, Lord-
But I've been in Love with this world that I'm in!
I've made choices I'll always regret-
Ive walked down roads from which I can never turn-
Father, you must have a purpose for me-
So on my lips let this prayer burn.

(chorus-outro)

10 comments:

Driftwood Girl said...

Love those verses! Can you post the words sometime? Toa knew right away it was you. He listened to it right before going to bed and as soon as the video started he said "Kunko!! Yay! Song."

Res said...

awww, thats cute about Toa. He does that with my other songs on my MP3 player, remember. yes, i can post them. I just found the original notebook that I wrote them in. haha

michiganSamoan said...

Mom and I was listening to your song. It is very good. It just took a while to listen to it because of the internet connection. But the singing was gloryfing to the Lord. Keep it up, and may the Lord bless your efforts. I just walked into the office after being with the National Honor Society students at their community service, and I heard it. Mom said it was you and your group while at PCC. Amen.
I like the words and keep it coming. Pray for Uncle Jospeh as he recovers from his surgery. Love you son..

Driftwood Girl said...

Thank you for the lyrics!!!!! muah!

michiganSamoan said...

Praise the Lord son, I just finished listening to it again today. Mom is in the womens fellowship. I'm supposed to be working on grades, but I wanted to listed to your song again. Thanks
Love dad

David and Noella Tupua said...

Yes, thanks for the lyrics....I love the singing; you and your friends sound so good! praise the Lord. Need you to record this and more for me so I can bring it back this summer! Love you son, see you soon!!!! xoxoxoxo mom

David and Noella Tupua said...

Son, I never tire of hearing your voice. Just wanted to tell you again that I love you. Love, mom

David and Noella Tupua said...

okay, son, don't mind me but I've been playing and re-playing this video clip - can you send it to my email so I can play it all the time without having to sign in to the blog? I can't get it from myspace because I don't have an account.....thanks, I'll be waiting for the email. Love you! Miss you! Praying for You! Bless you, Son! see you soon. xoxox mom as your departure date gets closer, I am really missing all of you a lot! can't wait to hug you! Take care, son.....alofa tele atu...

Anonymous said...

Love you Res! Wish i had half your talent!

Res said...

Thanks to everyone. I love you all, and thank you for the encouragement in my arts