So many times in a poets life, He is so much in tune with his feelings that his mind is able to trick his heart into believing his last love-drenched poem. Unlike most people, The Poet is so used to projecting his feelings onto something outside of his own mind. His triumphs and his flaws and his pitfalls are all open for his readers to interpret and identify. The Poet is the mouthpiece for those that are not able to convey their similar feelings. A poet's gift is his ability to single out one emotion and pour all of his heart onto his page through his ink. We write what others fail to express, we catch the beast that is unleashed by the trickster, Emotion, and we, the Poets put it on display for the world to identify...
Why are the ones who are able to identify single emotions and project them in ways other minds question, the very same ones who fall prey to the emotions and feelings that they put on display as muses for their artwork?
Through the tears of a broken heart... enjoy the beast on display... Ponder and avoid.
Play your hand Right.... Love is a Game to some...

~Betrayed...
My arms have never felt this weightless,
For you and your "timing" I’ll only have to wait less-
I meant, wait no more.
This fetter and chain has seemed to weigh less
Only as the closeness between us has seemed to wane less-
Than ever before.
My head hurts and My eyes burn from sleep deprivation,
Im well fed, yet my hunger for you convinces me of my love’s starvation-
I wanted more.
I speak your name through the smoke, Your name burns holes in my chest,
The heat is gone, I loved you but You were bad for me JUST like cigarettes.
I lit your name up once more...
Its amazing how much feeling I dont remember feeling-
Its unreal how much I believed I thought I could trust you, really-
Through all this, but no more.
Never forgot the promises, and To me, our love didn’t lose the snap, pop or the fizz-
But I’ve been thinking, the biggest sign of gaining the TRUST of a soldier is...
Showing you the weakness in his armor.
until next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment