
These are really, reposts for me. Kilika has read most of my poetry already, but this will be the first time I will post it here for mass reading.
Many of my family members have read this poem or a poem in this series, but i am really missing something in my life right now. and when I find myself missing something, the emotion swells, and this is one embodiment of my emotion of "missing something", entitled:
To: My sister on her Sixteenth Birthday...
On this day you turn sixteen, Although
With God all these years you've been.
I cannot imagine you being anywhere else;
We often wish you were here with ourselves.
These sixteen years have passed,it is true,
But with GOD, two breaths have taken you.
Much is missed of you, gardenia
Beauty matched only by your name, Davina.
Heavenly giggles, and little things you do,
If GOD kept you here He would've blessed you
These sixteen years have passed,it is true,
But with GOD, two breaths have taken you.
Barely a petal, let alone a rose
From pain and hurt, your eyes GOD closed.
Seed He took, a flower planted above
Blooming; growing in the Father's love,
These sixteen years have passed,it is true,
But with GOD, two breaths have taken you.
I wrote this when I was 18. This is a string of pieces that I have written to my baby sister who has been in Heaven now for approximately 23 years. She did not have long on earth with us, and I did not even know her, but in that short time she made an impression on me.
Every year since i was 12, I have written my sister a poem or song. This is my favorite, i guess because of the milestone i believe turning 16 is to a young adult.
Love you Davina, my little sister.
Til' next time-
V3

5 comments:
I always feel this poem :) Great job, Res.
I loved this poem the first time you let me read it; and I love it still! Thank you for putting into words the things that I feel but find hard to express; you've been able to share so much love for dear Davina and I love you for sharing it. Thank you again for this beautiful poem. Love you, son!
Very sweet, Res. Love you.
You should post the audio of you singing this, Res. I'd love to hear it again.
Yes, son; post the audio of you singing this one; I'd love to listen to it over and over again. Bless you! Love you! mom
Post a Comment